Best Applicant Tracking System for Small Business
Not too long ago, the idea of a small business using an applicant tracking system (ATS) was unrealistic. Most solutions were geared to larger companies and were too expensive and complicated for smaller and medium-sized organizations. Thankfully, times have changed and you have options for finding the best applicant tracking system for small business.
Now, even very small employers are seeing advantages to using an ATS. At the same time, the list of providers offering this type of software has expanded dramatically. While there are a number of very good options from which to choose, there is arguably a larger number of “bare bones” offerings that may not help an organization as expected. To that end, below are some things to consider to make sure you can select the best recruiting software for your small business:
- Will you want/need to push to external job boards — i.e. Monster, CareerBuilder, LinkedIn, colleges, Department of Workforce Development, etc.?
- Can the solution reinforce your web branding?
- How user-friendly is the process for your applicants?
- Is there flexibility to allow for both applications and/or resumes to be gathered from applicants?
- Is there additional cost for multiple users in or out of HR (hiring managers, executives, etc.)?
- Are there limits to the number of jobs that may be posted at a single time or how many applicants are allowed to be kept within the system?
- Will the vendor help you get the ATS configured and ready for live use?
- How is training done?
- Is live support available when you have questions?
- What is your budget for something like this?
Giving thought to some of these factors will help you better define your particular needs and more readily identify a short list of providers who can meet those needs.
To learn more about ExactHire applicant tracking system for small business, please visit our resources section or contact us.
Image credit: The Office by John (contact)