https://www.exacthire.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Change-your-approach-to-hiring-_-Remove-Friction-from-the-Application-Process.png 884 1588 Harlan Schafir https://www.exacthire.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/No-Gradient-Logo-No-Tag-522x156_b-01.png Harlan Schafir2021-10-25 13:01:402021-10-25 13:05:55Remove Friction from the Application Process
Remove Friction from the Application Process
In a challenging job market where job seekers have the leverage, employers need to ensure that their hiring process is “candidate-centric” —and that starts with a frictionless application process.
The biggest challenge that companies are facing today is talent. They can’t fill open positions, and it’s having a huge effect on their revenue, their profits, and their service.
- We need to make the process more candidate-centric versus employer-centric.
- We need to remove the friction from the process, make it easier, and we need to use applicant tracking systems to streamline the process both for the candidate and the company.
- Trim the question fat–that’s in essence, what that means is just reduce the number of questions that you’re going to ask people–there’s way too many.
- Change your approach to applications. There’s a lot of things here you can do, like first one is you could use two-stage apps, and that is just ask questions of people, get some information, figure out if that’s a good candidate for you, and then flip over to the second set of questions once you reduce that number to more manageable number.
- You need to know what your candidate drop-off rate is.
- You need to know how long it takes for your candidates to complete an application. If you haven’t taken your own application, you should do that to give you a baseline to know what that is.
- Track and measure your success so you can see if you’re making any improvements, and how it’s working.
And with that, happy hiring!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.